Sunshine Blogger Awards
Something a bit different this week. I’ve only been blogging for a few months but have already been able to interact with so many talented people. The Sunshine Blogger Awards was something I’d never heard of before the lovely Jess Ling over on jerserry.com nominated me. So thanks! Here’s how it works.
- Write a post about your nomination and the award.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and link to their blog.
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo (there are several versions out there).
- List the rules within your blog post about it.
- Answer the eleven questions given to you by the blogger that nominated you in your post.
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions to answer.
So onto the eleven questions I was given!
1)How do you spend your free time?
Honestly? I spend way too much time in bed cuddling my cat. I have a chronic illness so this does mean a lot of spare time is taken up resting. But, I tend to write in bed and watch an (awful) lot of Youtube.
2) What are your top three favourite books and why?
Jane Eyre- it was the first “classic’ I’d ever read as a child and I just found such an affinity with Jane. I’ve also found when I’ve re read it as I’ve grown up I can always find a different meaning or perspective. Every time.
The Bell jar- this book really changed the way I viewed mental illness and is one of those rare books that stay with you long after you put them down.
The Hobbit- I have so many fond memories of my mum reading this to me at bedtime. Even managing to put on all the voices.
3) What are you most afraid of?
I’m still a little afraid of the dark (just a little).
4) What is your strongest personal quality?
Perseverance. And clearly my worst person quality is my inability to compliment myself as that took me ages to come up with.
5) If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be?
The moon landings
6) What job do you think you’d be really good at?
Making memes? I do a lot of that already matters well be paid for it. In all seriousness though either something in politics or TV perhaps?
7) What game or movie universe would you most like to live in?
Harry potter hands down every time.
8) Are you usually early or late?
9) What do you wish you knew more about?
Web design. So many bloggers have the best looking websites and I’m over here struggling to pick the right font.
10)What is your best childhood memory?
I feel so lucky because I have so many! Stand out ones include holidays to France with my family and many days spent during the summer holidays learning to ride.
11)What do you feel most proud of?
Qualifying as a veterinary nurse and starting my blog!
So here are my questions for you lot!
- What one quality do you admire most in another person?
- Which character from film, TV or books do you think you’re most alike and why?
- If you could only pick three books to read for the rest of your life what would they be and why?
- Are you a procrastinator?
- What brings you the most joy?
- If you could spend the day with any person from the past or present who would it be?
- Best piece of life advice you’ve ever received?
- Which decision in your life (big or small) are you still thankful you made and why?
- Marmite? yay or nay?
- What motivates you?
- If you could give someone who had just started blogging one piece of advice what would it be?
Here are my nominations for the sunshine blogger awards. Please go and check out all these lovely people and I look forward to reading your own!